Raksha Bandhan or RakhiÂ as it is popularly known is an Indian festival that celebrates the bond of love between brothers and sisters. The beauty of Raksha Bandhan is that itâ€™s not just confined to biologically related brothers and sisters. The festival celebrates the brother-sister relationship among relatives and unrelated members of the family too. On Raksha Bandhan, the sister ties a sacred thread called â€˜Rakhiâ€™Â on her brother’s wrist symbolizing her love and prayers for his well-being, while the brother affirms his promise of protecting her for life. To make this special bond even more special, here are 10 great Rakhi gifting ideas.
1. Quirky t-shirt â€“ Quirky t-shirts are in trend and when paired with jeans make for a cool style statement. This comfortable wardrobe item can be gifted to both brothers and sisters. So bring up a smile on your sibling with this quirky gift.
2. Electronic and gadget skins â€“ Boys and girls alike, these days everyone remains glued to their electronic gadgets. There is a gamut of electronic and gadget skins, sporting designs that range from the simple to the most abstract. Gift a new look for your siblingâ€™s most valued gadget.
3. Headphones â€“ If your sibling is a music lover then a smart and stylish headphones from a good music accessory brand will beâ€¦well, music to the ears.
4. Sports gear â€“ Nothing like having some really cool stuff to enhance your game. So, gifting sports accessories like a sports bag, water bottles, towels, bands, etc. will be a sure booster for your dear brother or sister.
5. Grooming set or a touch-up kit â€“ Who wouldnâ€™t like to get a grooming set or a touch-up kit? These two must-haves receive equal appreciation and hence makes up for a great gifting solution.
6. Personalised mug â€“ Gift a mug with a personalised message, photograph, or design that will remind your sibling of the beautiful moments you have shared together.
7. Books â€“ For all those avid readers, nothing can replace the joy of a good book. So either choose a book by your siblingâ€™s favourite author or surprise them by gifting a title that they have been looking forward to. Better still, get a little more adventurous by gifting a novel writing kit to help them pen down their own book!
8. Personalised clock â€“ You know it best what will instantly wake up your brother or sister. So, use the trick and get it personalised on to a clock.
9. Biker gear â€“ As much as being trendy, biking needs to be safe and memorable too. Thus, accessories like gloves, protective gear, travel bag or a foldable travel diary will be cherished forever.
10. Organiser tray â€“ Some siblings are messy while others are organised. And an organiser tray works well for both the categories. Select a tray that will best suit the need of your brother or sister and enjoy receiving the appreciation for it.